Sunday, September 10, 2006

Prague

Slept on the train most of the way down to Prague from Berlin after closing the bar a bit late with my new friends Tim and Bashar. Bashar totally hooked me up with point-to-point directions from the hostel to the train station, and when I got back to the hostel and got all packed up, Glen and Anya gave me a wakeup call to get out the door ontime. Although, Glen did come running in like he'd forgotten and I was so disoriented from only sleeping a few hours I didn't even notice he was pulling my leg. Glen is the Kiwi who owns the place, and Anya's his girlfriend. If you're ever in Berlin, that's the place to stay.

Took a cab here today because I couldn't figure out how to buy a ticket for the tram. It turns out most people just forego that part of the experience. Hardly anyone outiside of the tourism industry here seems to speak much English. I don't mind being surrounded by their language though, it's really different and cool, in its way.

Tomorrow I'll do all the touristy sightseeing stuff. It's pretty reasonable here but maybe not as reasonable as I'd imagined. xe.com says that 100 Czech Republic Koruny is about $4.50 USD, and I managed to get a ameal tonight for about 150 including tip (10% here is decent) and a good-sized Budvar beer (original Budweiser, none of that American stuff here!).

I'll post more pictures when I get to a computer with USB, not sure that these have them at the hostel.

No comments: