Saturday, September 02, 2006

I woke up in Reykjavik

Well, my days of practicing the language have paid off. I met a couple of people last night who were very hospitiable, and extremely impressed that I spoke the language at all. They never asked me to repeat anything, so I assume they either understood me or just didn´t care what I was saying. Either way, thaĆ° er flott (that´s cool).

I´m in a basement Internet cafe on the main drag, as far as I can tell. This place is much crunchier and less corporate than the one last night.

Tonight I´m headed to The Blue Lagoon. As this keyboard doesn´t seem to have an underscore character, I just had to hunt on the ´net to find a frigging underscore character so I could put that link in there. This is painful. Anyway The Blue Lagoon should be extremely cool. I think the hostel organizes trips from there, so I´ll just head back there no later than about 430 or 500 this evening. There doesn´t seem to be a colon on this keyboard either.

Outside, some people are singing their hearts out about smoking crack. They were just down here looking up the lyrics to said song. Now there´s an American girl looking for directions to some publishers. It turns out she worked for childrens´magazine, and she´s trying to get her book published. She wrote it and did illustrations for it.

This keyboard is kinda sucky and I forgot my damn cable again to dump those pictures, so I´ll leave it at this for the time being.

2 comments:

bereweber said...

heh heh i think they understood you, that place blue lagoon looks beautiful! glad you are having so much fun, sus gatos OK :)

Unknown said...

glad to read that your trip is off to a good start, can't wait to see the photos.________________________
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Jeff