Thursday, September 07, 2006

Berlin Uber Alles!


Well, maybe not over all, but it's still pretty cool. Not as cool as Iceland, mind you, but that's a pretty frigging tall order.


I walked all over the city today, and took bus line 100, which is the hot tip if you want a free tour of all the big sites. This is a view down Unter den Linten, which is the main drag near my hostel, at sunset this evening.


I've heard mixed reviews about Berlin. All I can say so far is that everyone here has gone out of their way to help me whenever possible, and the people have been very warm and friendly. It's a little strange, as sick as I was of English in Reykjavik is about as weirded out by all the German (and no English) that I'm hearing here. I've been trying not to think in Icelandic (when I'm not thinking in English), but it's really, really hard. I know now that I'll be back to Iceland in the not-too-distant future to do the entire ring road. As expensive as Iceland is, there's really no place like it on Earth, or anywhere else for that matter.

2 comments:

Nightlife said...

Nizza Abbildung!

Looks like the makings of a great album cover.
I'm told you can hop the train and be in Amsterdam in no time. If you leave right now...

-S

bereweber said...

a great photo of the streets of Berlin! and at the Violet hour of the day... nice!

I am thrilled sr. perro (& a little jealous too) that you are in Germany now, my heart lives around there now these days... heh heh

have a great time in Prague and Vienna too!