Friday, September 01, 2006

101 Reykjavik

I should probably retitle this blog, I Speak Icelandic Poorly. I finally got up the courage to talk to the stewardess on the flight over to Iceland and she couldn´t understand a word I said. Well, that´s not true, after i repeated myself she did understand me and I understood her answer.

I´m trying over here, and people are very friendly and patient. So far nothing massive has happened, went to the state store after walking from the first hostel thur center of town.

It´s cool because there are a lot of words I recognize when I´m listening to people speak, but there are a lot of other languages here...

Today´s highlight had to be flying over Greenland. I took some pretty amazing pictures. I´ll post them soon.

2 comments:

bereweber said...

that is very cool that you are recognizing words, i think the harder part is to speak it, what about written signs? do you recognize signs? los nephew are fine fine fine and said meow dad :)

Nightlife said...

As long as you can understand what they say, you're doing just fine...
-S