Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Back To Civilization




Yesterday was a very, very long day. Lots of driving in and out (and in and out) of fjords. Makes you appreciate straight roads and bridges sooo much! Not a lot to see, until these two snaps I took not long before the unpaved road met with the Ring Road again.



I also took this shot of Esja, the gigantic, forbidding mountain I climbed on my first day in Iceland, after only 5 1/2 hours sleep the night before leaving and *maybe* two hours on both planes in total.



As you can see, it's pretty menacing. You can't even see the top of it in this shot! I can't believe I climbed the whole thing :) (EDIT: You cannot even see anywhere near the top in this picture. The last thing you can barely make out is maybe 1/6 of the way up, at most. Hun er stór.).

Off to check out the Botanical Gardens (supposed to be excellent here) and take a few more pictures before dinner and hitting the town pool. I don't normally swim, but when in Iceland...

No comments: